We, Kadazan people, native people of Sabah, Borneo have a huge crisis with our own mother tongue... As English has become more important these recent years, many parents are teaching their children to speak English at home instead of the language they've inherited from their ancestors... It is sad to see how we are forgetting our root...

Truthfully, I, myself are also poor in this language.. My basic aren't strong enough... I am still learning... What we are going to learn together are things that I've learned from people who are good in this language... Don't worry, I'll only teach you the right things...

:)

Let's start with the greetings~~

Kopivosian doid diau: Good health to you
Kopivosian do doungosuvab: Good morning
Kopivosian do minsosodop: Good evening
Kotobian doid diau: Greetings to you

Nomboo ongozon nu?: Where are you going?
Nunu mangan nu?: What are you doing?
Poingkuo ko no?: How are you?
Avasi': I'm fine.
Ounsikou zou do nokosoomo diau: I'm glad to have met you.
Mindad po do toluu'ai: Wait a moment.

We'll learn other things next time... Until we meet again... :o)